Monday, August 2, 2010

Congrats June! 07.16.2010

June's wedding was NOT in June - too bad! lol...yes, that was random.

Anyway, June was nothing but a sweet bride. She was the kind of bride who sat quietly enjoying every moment of her big day. June was referred to me through a good friend of mine, Dorcas - whose brother was the groom. I also did D's sister's hair a few years back (Hi Lydia!!) who is now a brand new mother :) It was nice because I also got a chance to work with Merry!!!

What I enjoyed most about this wedding was just the fact you could feel the excitment in the room - a genuine feeling of joy and anticipation of getting married. I absolutely appreciated June for being such a caring bride because while people were supposed to be catering to her, she went around catering everyone else. I will say this though, it was an intense last few minutes as I fell behind in time. By the end of it all, Merry looked at me with a smirk on her face and shockingly said, "I've never seen you like this." (Bear in mind I had a heat/allergy rash all over me and I was dripping sweat.) My response to Merry, "me neither, me neither!" lol.

It was so crazy I didn't even get a chance to take a pic of June's hair...so I did the next best thing instead, I facebook stalked a bit and stole the before and after photos below. June, you looked awesome and so happy :) Congrats on getting married!!


2 weddings blogged - 5 to go! :P

2 comments:

Jannine said...

Really nice curls, any recommendations on how to get them?

the hair guy said...

Hey Jannine!

Getting a good curl depends on how long your hair is and the texture of it. For someone with finer hair, small/medium size rollers are generally better to get fuller curls. If you have medium to thick hair, find a curling iron that is about 1 1/2 to 1 1/14 inches and do them by section and pin close to the head using either a bobby pin or small hair clips. For a great alternative, use a flat iron that has rounded edges as this is the most universal tool to use on all hair types to gain nice curls :) Dont forget a little hairspray and shinespray!