Sunday, August 8, 2010

Congrats Marilyn! 07.17.2010

Marilyn was my 17th wedding of the year who ironically was married on the 17th of July - there was definitely something very lucky about that.

All I can say is, from the minute Marilyn stepped into my little basement studio - we clicked. It was such a refreshing trial because there were no hesitations among either of us to talk constuctively when it came down to what she was looking for. We were definitely on the same page and thank goodness for that...BECAUSE, while Marilyn was such a lovely person - she procrastinated a lot to the point where I asked Vanessa (who referred me to her) whether she still needed my services LOL. With just two weeks before her wedding, we nailed a looked for her that was both sophisticated and modern.

On the day of - everything was peachy...quiet...almost too quiet. Vanessa had already arrived and set up and we quickly chatted before starting. I love working with V! (Thanks Joee for the hook up!) Her bridal posse was hiliarious and easy to work with. Slowly, time crept up on us and before we knew it...people were running up and down the stairs, yelling (nicely) across rooms, and packing things up quickly. The essence of a wedding had arrived!

I could see that Marilyn was tense - but I talked her through it and she remained composed. By the end of it, she gave me a huge hug as the final bobby pins were placed and last minute hairspray was sprayed. Marilyn looked like a movie star...simply beautiful. Speaking of movie star...here's a funny story - she originally had a picture of country star Faith Hill in her wallet which she kept to show her eyebrow lady the shape she wanted. Somewhere, somehow, after discussing what she wanted for hair...we looked at that picture again and...and BAM...it was the 'do! * see you below the inspiration.

Marilyn - you were a fun, quirky, and elegant bride! A true celebrity bride :) I absolutely loved working with you and your posse...may you embark on a new life together with your husband with love everyday!

P.S. Good posse = Good hair lol.


I don't know how I managed to get a pic of everyone EXCEPT the bride. Thanks V for taking those photos for me!!!!! See you on Aug 14th!!

- the hair guy

No comments: