Wednesday, December 8, 2010

5 Months Later...

Can anyone explain to me why it's December and I'm still working on my August weddings?!! lol. Well - in an attempt to salvage what's left of my dignity from the embarassment of my tardiness, I'm going to do all the August weddings in one shot!


August 2, 2010 - William & Tiara:

I have known William and his family for quite some time (at least 15 years, they live just down the street from me), so it was such a nice way to reconnect and catch up on ...well, life. They also booked my mom for flowers so it became quite the family affair. W & T actually got married in Vancouver and they had two receptions, one on the West Coast and one here in the TO. They are such a nice couple and easy going - so there was no real pressure...PLUS it was super awesome Tiara came to my place and the start time was 3:00pm!!! (note: it was Tiff and David's wedding the night before.) At the end of it all, I really enjoyed working with these two and I only wish you all the happiness in the world :)




August 7, 2010 - Vinci & Issac:

This was a VERY special wedding. I met Vinci through Issac, her husband, who is the cousin of a very good friend of mine, Allen. Back in the beginning of spring, I received a phone call from Vinci who told me she was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, a form of Cancer. We worked with a wig and gave her two beautiful styles for the ceremony and reception. On the day of - Vinci's energy was high and she was just glowing. I got to work with the always-amazing Rhia Amio and met GeeHae (the photographer) for the first time who captured their day beautifully :) I am so thankful that Vinci finished her last treatment in September and grateful to have been a part of a wedding that was so inspirational. YOU GUYS ROCKED!! May God continue to bless you with good health and many more years of joyful memories :)


Here are some of the amazing images from the day: www.geehaejeong.com/blog/?p=2192



August 8, 2010 - Jennifer & John:

Jennifer was the kind of bride who was open to trying something new and that's what I loved about working with her. She was so down to earth and easygoing - love these kinds of brides!! The wedding took place at the Graydon Hall, which was my first time and let me just say that it was a breathtaking venue. It had such a nice vintage and regal feel...which went really well with Jen's overall look. We gave Jennifer a simple and soft Tower of Pisa and completed the look with a vintage feel broche. She and I shared a really funny moment..which will remain on the DL...but it definitely completed that wedding and I am so glad she has the same send of humour :) LOL. I will say this - it was the first time I was speechless...and apparently my face said it all :P Jen - thank you for all the kind words and for continuing to support me through your recommendations. You were a fantastic bride!!!






August 21, 2010 - Kamla's Wedding:

Kamla & I met through a contest coordinated by the talented Christine Ho and Tracey Mori of Well of Change. She had won free hair, makeup and photography - and it just so happened that she was getting married! For this day, Kelly & I worked our magic to give this SUPER sweet bride the perfect look. I just remeber at one point, her entire family was watching us work..which normally makes me very antsy...but because they were all so nice and just chatting up a storm, it didn't bother me at all. Kamla is mixed jamaican (I think?!) and asian - so they gave us rum cake before we left :) All in all, Kamla - You looked stunning and a pleasure to work with! I hope you had a wonderful day because you totally deserved it. Stupid me - this was the beginning of my, "I wish I took a photo" moment. lol.


August 28th, 2010 - Lily's Wedding:

While I generally don't like working in small areas (i.e. hotel rooms) because it always gets super crazy towards the end, this was an exception. That's because Lily had booked the President's suite and it was HUGE....I'm talking hair and makeup were on opposite ends of the place lol. The washroom alone where I was had two separate rooms...it was insane...but so awesome hahah. Lily...what can I say? It was a really relaxing morning with a lot of story telling about her and her fiance and I loved it. I may have only been her stylist...but she made me feel so welcomed and showed her appreciation. What was really cool was the fact she was the kind of person who said so much without having to really say anything...and that says alot about that person. It was a great morning with a great bride who looked...GREAT! :) On a side note, Lily has a lot of hair and it was thick. While I don't remember the exact story, she told me a stylist once gave her a not-so-nice style and that they couldn't put it up because there was too much to work with...psssh...



August 28th/29th, 2010 - Christina & Gable's Wedding:

I have known C & G for a VERY long time...all my life actually. So needless to say, I was so happy when they told me they were getting married! The two of them are one of the nicest couples I know...seriously. It was their priority that their friends would be able to enjoy their wedding so if they could outsource non-friends to do stuff, they did and I thought that was really awesome of them. I gotta say, they had some really fun and unique elements at the reception which I loved, including a midnight buffet of (from what I can remember) fries and mac n' cheese and a few other tasty items. They had two receptions, one for all their friends (at the Distillery) and the other for their parents friends (Chinese Banquet Hall). I was actually able to eat and dance at their reception, which was new, but nice lol. And it was equally nice to have had the chance to do Christina's hair for their Sunday reception. For the wedding day, Christina opted for a softer side do, so for her second reception she wanted a more structured and piecy style. Best part was...there was no trial, so she found a pic she liked and we went with it lol.

You two have always been so supportive through everything I've done and I can't say thank you enough! Top 5 wedding of the season! Here's to many more years of our friendship!




One month down....4 to go!!

No comments: