Saturday, December 11, 2010

September Weddings!!

September was a relatively slow month, which at that time was a good thing especially since it gave me a little time to recover from the Summer lol.

In any case, this was a special month - two weddings, both amazing for two completely different reasons. Both on my top 5 weddings of 2010 :)

September 12, 2010 - Charissa & Dan:

Charissa and I met just after Marilyn's wedding back in July, which she helped and attended. With just a few months till her big day, we quickly set a date for a trial and got things rolling. Charissa was a very dynamic bride who had a very specific vision for her wedding and the look she was trying to achieve. They were planning a film-of-the-eras type theme as Dan is an actor and both had a passion for creating a unqiue visual for their guests. I will admit I was a bit worried that I was not going to be able to do it, which was further triggered when Dan wasn't a fan of her first style.

Step in, Marilyn, who came to our second trial! Double pressure LOL. But it all worked out and we settled on a very romantic and modern updo for this stunning bride-to-be :)

On the day of, things started off rough...and that is sugar coating it. I had been stopped by a cop to start things off making me about 40 minutes late to the original start time. As I saw Charissa's number show up on my phone, my blood pressure shot through the roof as I "tried" to remain cool about it. While she showed genuine concern on the phone, I felt terrible. Thankfully Charissa was kind enough to help cover parking at the hotel DT (which we all know can be a hassel doing)...HOWEVER as I was backing in...smashed into the overhead half wall. My trunk was done.

Curse words everywhere! lol. I arrived frazzled to say the least - but rather than turning into a Bridezilla - Charissa, the amazing person she is, embraced me with a hug - offered me food and drinks and told me just to relax. Between her calmness and awesome bridal posse - things went off without a hitch! Everyone was just so plesant and unique and I was/am so thankful that they were so cool to work with in spite of what could have possibly been a memorable day for all tbe wrong reasons. Special shout-out to Rita, one of her bridesmaids, who really put me at ease with our in depth conversation lol.

At the end of it all, Charissa was transformed into a beautiful & whimsical bride with her fairytale- like dress and hair. It totally went with their stylish, sleek & fashionable wedding!! I managed to snatch a quick photo on my BB of her while she was in her chinese dress (which was hot and nontraditional) and the other images are from her photographer (renaissance studios) who documented everything great!!

Charissa - THANK YOU for everything!!!!! I loved working with you and the vision you had...wishing you all the good things life has to offer. Let me know if when you start your event planning company :)




No comments: