Wednesday, December 29, 2010

October!

So I have been under the weather for almost a month now and am just getting over it. I'm not sure whether it was a sign or whatnot, but I haven't been this sick in a VERY long time and it hit me hard! In any case, I was out of commission - so thank God I didn't have anymore weddings! But now that I'm feeling better, let's reach my goal and finish all these weddings before 2011!

Patricia & Greg's Wedding - October 1, 2010:

What can I say? There is no doubt in my mind that this was one of my top 5 weddings of the season hands down. Why? Because it was everything a wedding should have been. When I first met Patricia, she had already had a trial with another stylist so there was some added pressure as I wanted to live up to any expectations that there may have been. Not to mention, she was a referral from Joee, who was also her photographer and well, need I say more? lol.

What I loved about working with Patricia was her genuine personality. I just felt like there weren't any hesitations to share or barriers keeping us from getting to know each other. I get that I won't always have that with every bride, so I cherish it when I do!

So one would think that after living somewhere for 20 some odd years, they would know the area pretty well - BUT in my case I had no idea there was such a beautiful and quaint venue just down from where I lived. Patricia & Greg's wedding took place at The Miller Lash House, which is literally 5 minutes driving from where I live, right behids U of T...the things you learn. Love close weddings lol. When I arrived, I was welcomed by the entire Ocampo family - which really made the entire experience 10 times more memorable. There was calmness and laughter - two very therapeutic things to have at any wedding.

Everything from the dress to her choice of a non-bouquet - this wedding was original and simple and I loved it all. It was also very nice to have finally met the very talented Heidi Lau & Chris Luk after seeing and hearing so much about them!!!! What an amazing team :)

Patricia - I am so glad we met, you are such an amazing person....thank you for the very thoughtful card and look forward to hanging out with you soon :)






1 comment:

Christopher Luk said...

Cool! I had no idea you had a blog until just now!

Thanks for the shoutout! I have a new website at http://www.chrisluk.com, so you can update your link to that :)

Thanks again!