Monday, March 7, 2011

Do I look Chinese? Yvette & Mike - March 5, 2011

So you're probably wondering why I titled this blog with such an unusual question. I mean, of course *I* look Chinese...but my ethnicity has nothing to do with it at all - in fact, it was Yvette's super sweet mom who asked this very innocent, yet slightly eyebrow raising question. Keep in mind, she's Sri Lankan. lol. With that said, here is the story of how I met the wonderful Yvette.

Yvette contacted me literally weeks before the wedding. Normally, bookings happen at least 4 months beforehand...and that's still considered "last minute". So when I got the email, I won't lie - I was hesitant to say yes because of my previous experiences. But when I did - I didn't get a reply for a few days and that made me even more uncomfortable considering time was ticking and we still needed to fit a trial in. Finally, I get the email and everything took off. The trial took place 2 days before the wedding LOL. Talk about working under pressure! What I will say is that from the moment I met Yvette, all fears were gone. She was/is a ball of sunshine and that really made a difference!!!

The more we talked, the more I felt I made the right choice. Her MOH, Char and mom were a riot! I loved every moment of our trial, hearing about Yvette's crazy ways lol.

On the morning of - everything just kinda fell into place, UNTIL....I realized I would be doing hair for the flower girl who was 2 years old! Last time I did hair for a child that young scarred me lol - there was yelling, screaming, tears, mom`s dirty look and my bright red face. THANKFULLY, she was my best 2 year old client ever (see her in Joee`s blog) . Yvette`s family was extremely hospitable and welcoming. It was double fun because I FINALLY got to see V again who did the girls makeup, as well as the always amazing J-WONG!

Back to the title of the blog - throughout the entire morning, it just seemed like everyone at some point said something that just made you go, "HUH?!" Vanessa was mistaken for Heidi (who was shooting the boys), I was called Jason at one point, bridesmaid dissing the mom (by `accident`), sister dissing sister and of course, mom asking if she looked Chinese after her transformation. So all in all, there was no shortage in laughter.

What this wedding all came down to was love. I could just see and hear it in Yvette`s voice, as well as everyone around her. She was stunning and beaming with happiness. Congrats to Yvette and Mike on your new life together - wishing you a lifetime of love and joy! I am honored to have been a part of your big day.

I managed to snap two photos on my BB, but check out Joee`s blog for actual photos :P


Heartfelt moment :)

p.s. Yvette, thank you for the call...you totally rock. I told you I was gonna post sooner than later!! lol.

1 comment:

Yvette & Mike said...

So we are still honeymooning - but I finally have an internet connection :) Had to check in!! Thank you again so much for transforming me and my girls. I did totally forget to tell you about the flower girl! But you did such an amazing job with her. Everyone was commenting on her adorable hairstyle - it totally distracted from the fact that the florist forgot her flower ball :) Again you were amazing and I so glad you agreed to work with our crazy bunch. I'm only sorry we didn't get our picture together :( I'm sure our paths will cross again in the future so we'll get it then!

Wishing you every success and I promise to spread the word on your awesome talent.

*Hugs*