Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy New Year...3 months later...

After a much needed break and rest from all things hair - I`m back and in full force! lol...well, not really - but I have always wanted to say that.

So what`s on the agenda for 2011? Besides the wedding season literally beginning this weekend - I'm in talks with a few others in the industry about coordinating a very unique wedding event for Fall 2011. All I can say is that we're definitely thinking outside-the-box.:) Also - I'm excited to announce that I will also be teaching an updo training/workshop at Blo for their employees in April! I feel a little uneasy considering it's my first time doing a workshop for such a large group, but I'm pumped about the challenge.

With that said, let's get right into the Mane Attraction for the week:

Now that the Oscars are over - brides everywhere will be googling photos and asking their stylist for a celeb worthy coif. This is what I call the Oscar Fever Frenzy. It's a trend I've noticed in the past 2 years whereby brides will have no idea how to describe what they want, they just say, "Did you see ____________ Oscar's hair?"

I'm going to take a risk and set a trend that I think is worth following for 2011. It's what I like to call, the "Bronco Pony." What makes this style work for your big day is its simplicity to detail giving off that effortless glamorous feel. This is definitely PHAT (Pretty Hot And Trendy). And who better to sport this then the very talented JENNIFER HUDSON, who sported this do at this years Academy Awards. Definitely a winner in my books.




Unlike the "Perfect Pony," which celebs such as Nicole Kidman, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce & Blake Lively who set this trend for brides and her maids everywhere - I am going to state right here, right now that the "Bronco Pony" is off to the races.

No comments: