Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Final Month :)

This year proved to be the longest season I have had since I started 5 years ago. It has also been one of the most rewarding and memorable because of the amazing people I have met along the way. In December, I only had one wedding and it was the perfect way to end the season.


Tracy Liu`s Wedding - December 4, 2010:


When I first met Tracy, I had a few hesitations lol. She seemed to have it together - and her confidence was overwhelming. Boy, was I wrong. She was nothing but sweet and super down-to-earth. Having been a referral from Marilyn, I knew that I had to up the anty and give her exactly what she was looking for. The inspiration: Jessica Alba I don't know what it was about this year, but my brides took risks...and I LOVED it. It's fun to bust out styles that are out of the norm. So, a piece of advice to all 2011 brides....HAVE FUN, take RISKS and dont be afraid to go BIG :)

On the week of Tracy's wedding, my grandma passed away and although we were anticipating it, we just didn't know it was going to happen so quickly. I was torn because I wanted to fly to Boston to be with my mom and if the funeral was on the Saturday, there was no way I was going to make it in time - but thankfully, by the grace of God - the service was on Sunday, and I was able to be with my mom during this difficult time. While I didn't want to email Tracy - I had a booked a flight on the day of her wedding and just wanted to give her a heads up to see if we could possibly start a half hour earlier. Thankfully, she was more concerned about me rather than the time and she had no issue with it at all.

I should mention that Tracy had 9 bridesmaids, herself and her mom who all needed their hair done lol. We had 5 hours and thanks to my wonderful ex-bloer turned great friend, Kelly who came to assist me, everyone left with a smile. THANKS A MILLION KEL, I owe you BIG TIME!!!! p.s. brides, she is an amazing makeup artist if you're looking!

Because Tracy's immediate family and some BM's knew, a lot of them shared with me their well wishes and genuinely showed their concern. I don't know about you - but during a time like that, on someone else's most significant day, it meant the world to me. It really eased the pressure, but also just gave me a sense of hope and comfort. Tracy kept checking in, making sure I was good for time.

We even managed to squeeze in a picture in before we left :)

Tracy - my deepest thanks to you, your bridal party and mom - who were all an absolute joy to work with. I was so lucky to have ended my season with such a caring and genuine bride. I greatly appreciated all the kind words and encouragement that you showed during that difficult time and could not have asked for a more perfect way to close 2010. I wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness!!!

Although I did not get a chance to take any pics - Tracy sent this to me a few days after her wedding...and WOW, she looked amazing.



---

2010 is OFFICIALLY DONE!!! Expect a rundown in the New Year of Puzzle Creations most memorable moments and triumphs. Also, new additions and upcoming projects :)


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!! Wishing you and your loved ones another year of joy, blessings, constructive challenges and living life to its fullest :) See you all in 2011!

No comments: