Thursday, December 30, 2010

November!!

Kim Wilson's Wedding - November 6th, 2010:

November was a calm month, with only two weddinsg, one of which I was only assisting Ivy Lam (my HERO!), it was relaxing! Simply put, I love Kim. We met at the Maggie Sottero Fashion Show, where I did the hair and she was one of the models, who just so happens to be Cindy's (wonderful makeup artist!!!) cousin. Of all the models, I can honestly say, she was the only one I really got along with. Man, some of these "models" are such ...well, you know.

In any case, when we initially discussed trials, Kim immediately mentioned that her entire bridal posse (minus one) wanted a trial as well. In most cases, this makes me nervous because they are either VERY picky...or VERY indecisive. Well, I was wrong. Yes, they wanted to get the right looks, but none of them were crazy! lol. PHEW.

For Kim's first trial - we gave her a sleek, halfie...which didn't sit too well with the fiance :S That's a problem. So when she came back, she brought Nikki back, her future sister-in-law, who also wanted a second trial. Ok, at this point I'm thinking, "WOW, I suck." Having said that, we rocked a much more modern updo (click HERE), inspired by Heidi Klum for Kim and a Tower of Pisa (side pony) for Nikki. Nikki was like a comedy act all on her own!!!! She was awesome and made the entire experience, including the day of, a lot of fun.

Kim was planning on some door games, so of course, we started a bit earlier so she would be on time! It was pretty relaxing for the first portion of the morning. I loved her family, they were so, for a lack of a better word, cute lol. But as the bridesmaids trailed in one-by-one, it started to get a bit crazy. From locked doors to a multitude of people coming through - things were a bit tense towards the end. Kim definitely maintained her composure even though there were moments I could just feel the anxiety from her. But man, did she ever look awesome.

Kim was an ideal bride - because she spoke her mind, opted for a more visually interesting style and had a super sweet personality. Kim - thank you for everything! You were amazing to work with :)

*photos to come!

No comments: