Thursday, December 30, 2010

October FINAL!

Yvonne and Dave's Wedding - October 16, 2010:

October was a great month for weddings and Yvonne's was no exception! I have known Yvonne for about 6 years now having done her hair for Deb & Clayton's (her brother) wedding. She is the go-to person for all things cake. With no real formal training, this girl has got some crazy talent and an eye for detail - it's no wonder she made her own wedding cake!!! <-- scroll down and you will see what I mean!

Yvonne had a spectacular Chinese and Indian wedding. During the preliminary stages, there were a lot of unknown details when it came to the hair, but Yvonne would update me as soon as she knew the answer. During our trial, we got a chance to catch up, but also hear some of the "interesting" cultural things she had/have to go through before and during the wedding. Sharing a few laughs, I was happy we were able to reconnect this way.

With the Indian culture, there are few more things to consider when it comes to having appropriate hair and having done a few before, this was no different. The veil for the Indian Ceremony is HEAVY - so obviously the style had to hold up. But because they were also having a Western reception, we had to consider how to make a smooth change into her evening style later that day.

The morning started off earrrrrllllyyyy!! lol. To start things off, I went to the wrong hotel! But once I arrived, we just went at it till the sun came up. Yvonne is a calm person to begin with and just kind of goes with the flow for the most part. So when it came to doing her hair, she just let me do my thing. I don't really remember feeling much pressure - but that's because among her mom and bridesmaid, it kept things fun and interesting! All I can say was that the transformation was beautiful....Yvonne looked like an Indian princess after all that had been said and done!

I left to head back to the hotel for Yvonne's second style, but of course, traffic had another plan. Thankfully Yvonne was calm and totally understood, all the while I was freaking out inside!! Finally I made it...frantic, but had to be ready. As I started doing her hair...I had an audience...her aunts lol. Normally, that bothers me...just because it makes me really nervous - but they were saying nice things...sooooo, if anything, that actually helped lol. Finally I put in her awesome feather headpiece...and it just all came togegther. Yvonne's entire get-up was breath taking and I love that she chose an uncommon updo for her reception.

All-in-all - it was a fantastic day. Yvonne - you were such a fun bride to work with! Thank you for remaining so calm throughout the day and for being, well, simply you. Until the next cake order! lol.

Please enjoy the photos here by Bassem, who did an amazing job: Yvonne & Dave's Wedding!




That's Nerissa on the right, who did an amazing job with Yvonne's make-up, giving her two totally different looks!

No comments: