Sunday, April 24, 2011

Congrats Vivian - March 19, 2011!

Wow...wedding season has just begun and I am already 3 weddings behind lol. I really need to not make this a habit! With that said, I was so fortunate to have been a part of Vivian's wedding, who was referred to me by the very sweet Bea and Sonya.

Here's how it all went down. When I first met with Vivian for her trial, we hit it off right away. I realized just how important trials really are - not just to get the hair right, but because it really gives both the bride and I the chance to chat and get to know each other. I will admit that when I first started with this business, I already had a pre-conceived notion about what I could talk about with the bride, but as the years have past (man, I feel so old saying that lol) I have learned that you can't over think it and just go with the flow. Everything just comes so much more natural and you really do get to know someone on such a more meaningful level.

I thoroughly enjoyed talking with Vivian because she was so easy going and had a great sense of humor. For her big day, we opted for a very sophisticated yet trendy Leaning Tower of Pisa. Vivian rocked it! She looked absolutely stunning! Not to mention, Sonya did an amazing job with her makeup...it was the first time I got to see her in action and she was PRO :)

It was also nice that Vivian, Odelia (one of her bridesmaids/cousin) and I got to share a quiet moment in the morning and shared some laughs. Her girls actually wore the slate grey Henkaa dresses, the same ones I used for the ONYX event back in November! I think at least 5 of my brides this year have chosen these versatile, flirty and figure flattering dresses for their weddings. 2012 Brides....check them out...very worthwhile!

Vivian - all I can say is that it was such a pleasure being a part of your big day. Thank you for being such a wonderful person and keeping it so real. I hope you and Justin share a beautiful life together :)


No comments: